Friday, April 20, 2012
Southbridge Town Council Agenda April 23, 2012
SOUTHBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 01550-2638
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
MACKINNON COUNCIL CHAMBERS
APRIL 23, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept the Council Minutes of Monday, April 9, 2012 Meeting
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
5. Chairwoman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Presentation – 25 years of service to Corinna Tiberri
b) Presentation – Big Bunny Market, Jonathan Cournoyer
c) Presentation - Dick’s Hardware, Dick Gaumond
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to transfer the sum of $17,000 from the Town Council Reserve Fund account #1.132.5781 to Veterans Benefits account #1.945.5771.0.596 to cover expenses for the months of May and June 2012.
10. Vote to transfer the sum of $10,000.00 from the Town Council Reserve Fund account # 1.132.5781 to the following accounts due to an increase in the costs associated in tax taking and foreclosures:
1.145.5300 Treasurer/Collector - Specialized Services $8,314.20
1.145.5341 Treasurer/Collector - Advertising $1,685.80
11. Vote to ratify the agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Schott North America regarding public access to undeveloped property of Schott North America Fiber Optics for public recreational purposes including bicycling and hiking.
12. Vote to ratify the agreement between and among the Town of Southbridge and the Charlton Housing Authority to supply potable water to property located in the Town of Charlton pursuant to Chapter 73 of the Special Acts of 1880 as amended.
13. Vote to ratify the agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Weston & Sampson Engineering in the amount of $38,000 (from water retained earnings) for the engineering design and permitting services in order to clean and line the main from Reservoir #5 to gate house #3 ad 1900’ of cleaning and lining in this portion of Eastford Road.
14. Vote for Town Council to authorize the appropriation of $65,000 (from sewer retained earnings) for Inflow and Infiltration Identification and to ratify the agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc., in the amount of $45,000 and Veolia Water North America in the amount of $20,000 for their portion of the work.
15. Vote to amend the Southbridge Zoning map by expanding the Light Industry Zone at the intersection of Pleasant, Walcott and River Streets by re-zoning property currently zoned Two-Family Residential to Light Industry, as recommended by the Southbridge Planning Board. The property is located at 114 Pleasant Street, Assessors’ Map 31, Lot 39.
16. Vote to amend the Southbridge Zoning map by expanding the General Business Zone along Main Street near the intersection of Main and Marcy Streets by re-zoning two properties currently zoned Two-Family Residential to General Business, as recommended by the Southbridge Planning Board. The properties are 80 Marcy Street and the adjoining parking lot, Assessors’ Map 35, Lots 108 and 109.
17. Councilors Forum
18. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers, Town Hall.
19. Vote to enter into Executive Session according to M.G.L. Chapter 39, §23B to discuss strategy relating to litigation and to adjourn.