TOWN OF SOUTHBRIDGE
SOUTHBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 01550-2638
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
PIOPPI ROOM – JACOB EDWARDS LIBRARY
July 30, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept the Council Reorganization Minutes of Monday, July 9, 2012
4. Consider and accept the Council Minutes of Monday, July 9, 2012
5. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
6. Chairwoman’s Announcements
7. Town Manager’s Announcements
8. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Fastenal – new business – Jason Cutting, Outside Sales
b) Centro Las Americas – Latino Elder Program update by Roxana Gomez, LEP Coordinator
c) Wilfrid Cournoyer, Principal Assessor / IT
9. Citizens Forum
10. Vote to accept the Warrants for the State Primary scheduled for Thursday, September 6, 2012.
11. Vote to ratify Change Order No. 8 between the Town of Southbridge and Consigli Construction for a no cost change order for the rendering of an extension of substantial completion for the Middle / High School.
12. Vote to ratify Change Order No. 9 between the Town of Southbridge and Consigli Construction in the amount of $19,291 as described in memo attached and dated 7/16/12.
13. Vote to authorize the School Business Manager to enter into contracts for the purchase of equipment related to the media center and the media classroom for the Middle / High School in the amount of $120,000 with said funding to come from 2 sources: 1) School Technology Budget up to $60,000 and 2) Cable Committee Capital Fund in the amount of $60,000, said amount to also be approved by the Cable Committee.
14. Vote to ratify the agreement between Jennifer A. Reynolds and the Town of Southbridge for aerobics classes for citizens aged 60 at the Community Center, 144 classes over the course of one year in the amount of $6,000 payable in 48 weekly payments of $125.
15. Vote to ratify Amendment #5 between the Town of Southbridge and Veolia Water North America for continued Wastewater Treatment Facilities and Operations Maintenance Services beginning August 1, 2012 through July 31, 2015 in accordance with the terms of agreement attached.
16. Councilors Forum
17. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, August 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM in the Pioppi Room at the Jacob Edwards Library.