Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mitt Romney: Serial Flip-Flopper or Congenital Liar?


Remember John Kerry’s Presidential campaign?

Do you remember the endless barrage of ads that characterized him as a “flip-flopper”?

That was all over one vote.

Now, however, conservatives are so consumed with, dare I say it, outright hatred of Barack Obama that they haven’t stopped at a relentless volley of lies about subjects ranging from his birthplace to his religious convictions.

Rather, they are willing to embrace a Presidential candidate who is not merely a demonstrable liar, but someone who has been characterized as one by his own Republican fellow travelers.

But, even more amazing, is the fact that despite this they would rather have a serial prevaricator as President than the current occupant of the White House. Is this their idea of adherence to being the party of “family values”?


But, once again, don’t take my word for it. I’ll let the evidence speak for itself.






Some Of Romney’s Flip-Flops



“I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.”  Source
“Roe v. Wade has gone too far.” Source

“I don’t line up with the NRA.” Source
“I’m a member of the [NRA].” 
Source

“I like mandates. The mandates work.” Source 
“I think it’s unconstitutional on the 10th Amendment front.” 
Source 

“I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” Source
“I never really called myself pro-choice.” 
Source

“I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.” Source
“I did not see it with my own eyes.” 
Source

“I supported the assault weapon ban.” Source
“I don’t support any gun control legislation.”  
Source

“I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.” Source
“There’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.”  
Source

“I will work and fight for stem cell research.”  Source
“In the end, I became persuaded that the stem-cell debate was grounded in a false premise.”  
Source   

“I would like to have campaign spending limits.”  Source  
“The American people should be free to advocate for their candidates and their positions without burdensome limitations.”  
Source  

“I’m a strong believer in stating your position and not wavering.” Source
 “I changed my position.” 
Source 

“Detroit needs a turnaround, not a check.” Source
“I’ll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry’s come back.” 
Source

“I’m not in favor of privatizing Social Security or making cuts.” Source 
“Social Security’s the easiest and that’s because you can give people a personal account.” 
Source

“I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.” Source
“Ronald Reagan is… my hero.” 
Source  

“I’ve been a hunter pretty much all my life.” Source
“Any description of my being a hunter is an overstatement of capability.” 
Source 

“If Massachusetts succeeds in implementing it, then that will be a model for the nation.” Source 
“What works in one state may not be the answer for another.” 
Source

“It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.” Source
“I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there.” 
Source

“It’s a tax cut for fat cats.” Source
“I believe the tax on capital gains should be zero.” 
Source

“It’s not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person.” Source
“He’s going to pay, and he will die.” 
Source 

“Relative to the leading candidates, some people see me as being more conservative.” Source
“I’m not the most conservative candidate.” “I’m not the most conservative candidate.” 
Source

“The TARP program… was nevertheless necessary to keep banks from collapsing in a cascade of failures.”Source
“When government is… bailing out banks… we have every good reason to be alarmed.” 
Source

“These carbon emission limits will provide real and immediate progress.” Source
“Republicans should never abandon pro-growth conservative principles in an effort to embrace the ideas of Al Gore.” 
Source

“This is a completely airtight kennel mounted on the top of our car.”  Source
‘They’re not happy that my dog loves fresh air.” 
Source

“Those… paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship.” Source
“Amnesty only led to more people coming into the country.” 
Source

“When I first heard of the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy, I thought it sounded awfully silly.” Source
“Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has worked well.” 
Source 

Now he talks about his taxes and says “trust me”.

Can you trust him?

Do you really think this guy is fit to be President?





video



5 comments:

  1. I'm shocked, just shocked a politician would engage in doublespeak.

    Every example you state is potentially taken out of context.

    Furthermore, Gingrich is just a big asswipe, and anything he says is sour grapes.

    But I must say, you have a marvelous way of digging up dirt on Romney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peeps is absolutely correct !!!!.

      Liberals love links so here is one supporting what peeps said related to Obama flip flopping.


      http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/10952-pandering-to-idiots-how-obama-is-worse-than-romney


      the cliffnotes version of the link -


      Obama’s base is filled with nativists, collectivists, irrational religionists, jingoists, and protectionists. The suggestion that he doesn’t bend his beliefs or panders to stupid people to secure votes or support is, well, idiotic. Obama is just as bad of flip-flopper as Romney and in many ways Obama’s flips and flops are much more egregious.


      see examples of flipflops on :

      gay marriage - yes in 96 /undecided in 98 /civil union in 2008/ up to the states currently ( a black man leaving it up to the states Really?)

      medical marijuana - yes then no

      being less hawkish on US foreign policy - regime change in Libya using our military and making war by launching missiles and using drones in support of ground forces all without Congressional approval

      by end of his first term he would cut the deficit in half. - Well how did that work out? - worst president EVER!

      promised to approach illegal immigration in a much humane manner - but has deported more than Bush did while still not protecting the border

      argued against the individual mandate - oops obama care is a huge individual mandate

      Promising not to raise taxes on the middle class - yet healthcare is certainly a tax on the middle class the supreme court said so.

      that if you like your healthcare provider, under his plan, you could keep it. - NOT SO! They may not be around for you


      President Obama’s campaign and his governance has been Machiavellian. Say one thing, do another and never let your voters know exactly what you’re doing. Play on voters’ fear by demonizing your opponent and distorting him into a diabolical caricature. It seems that the essence of hope and change is to find enough idiots to buy into your garbage, then get elected, lie about what you’re doing or just do the opposite or obfuscate what you’re doing to ensure those idiots never know they just got bent over.

      Delete
    2. The links provided are not to someone else's biased interpretation of Romney's positions (as yours are for Obama). They are links to his own words.

      Delete
  2. The guy worked his whole life as a salesman. He's been trained to say whatever's neccessary to close the deal. It looks like the reactionaries are willing to hold their noses and vote for Romney in the belief he'll ultimately do what he's told to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. think about the futureAugust 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

    Rich I voted for you and im sure deep down in your heart you cant say obama deserves another term.

    ReplyDelete

All comments subject to moderation. All commenters must use their own name or a screen name. No comments labelled as "Anonymous" will be published. To use your name or a screen name select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu. Insert you name in the "Name" space and leave the "URL" space blank.