TOWN OF SOUTHBRIDGE
SOUTHBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 01550-2638
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, TOWN HALL
August 13, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept the Council Reorganization Minutes of Monday, July 30, 2012
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
5. Chairwoman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Wild Animal Control, Southbridge MA – Mike Theriault
b) Center of Hope – Jim and Cindy Howard
c) Jim Morin, Health Director
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to confirm the appointment of Evelyn Petrelli of Southbridge to the P&D Subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1 through July 31, 2013.
10. Vote to confirm the appointment of Jamie Stafslien of Southbridge to the P&D subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1 through July 31, 2013.
11. Vote to confirm the appointment of Jim Pioppi of Southbridge to the DPW subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1 through July 31, 2013.
12. Vote to confirm the appointment of Mark Morin of Southbridge to the DPW subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1 through July 31, 3013.
13. Vote to authorize the Town Manager to execute documents relative to the CDBG Housing Rehabilitation Program for a 2-year period to expire June 30, 2014.
14. Vote to ratify the proposed CDBG contract agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Fuss & O’Neil, Inc., a consultant fee not to exceed $37,600 for the sidewalk engineering and design for Chestnut Street.
15. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and MassDOT and/or E.T.& I. Corporation to replace 1,100’ of 8” water main in the area of East Main Street and North Woodstock Road with 12” main in the amount of $225,000 of which $180,000 is for replacement of main and up to $45,000 to take any other additional actions necessary.
16. Councilors Forum
17. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, August 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers, Town Hall.
18. Vote to Enter into Executive Session according to M.G.L. 39 §23B to review Executive Session Minutes regarding collective bargaining, litigation, purchase, exchange, taking, lease or value of real property, discipline or dismissal brought against an individual, and, if matter is concluded, vote to release said minutes and to adjourn.