|Prepared by the Chair|
TOWN OF SOUTHBRIDGE
SOUTHBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 01550-2638
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, TOWN HALL
September 10, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1.Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, August 27, 2012
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
5. Chairwoman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Bi-Centennial Celebration – Fred Morin and Steve Brady
b) ASPIRA – Luz Eneida Espiro, President
c) Department Head: Melinda Ernst-Fournier, Treasurer/Collector
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to confirm the appointment of Martena Shea of Southbridge to the Education and Human Services Subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1, 2012 through July 31, 2013.
10. Vote to confirm the appointment of Holly Christo of Southbridge to the Education and Human Services Subcommittee for a one-year term effective August 1, 2012 through July 31, 2013.
11. Vote to approve the Casella payments of $72,000 from the Recycle Bank Transition account continue to be used for further education and enforcement for the Trash/Recycling Program as outlined in memo from James Morin, dated 8/13/12.
12. Vote to approve the purchase of two (2) new cruisers, fully equipped as detailed memo from Chief Charette and attached quote from MHQ at a price of $37,215.00. Capital Expenditure Funds of $70,000.00 are available in the Police Department budget and the remainder to be taken from motor vehicle repair. The two (2) vehicles in the worst condition, per the Police Chief’s discretion and paid for with Town appropriation funds, are to be auctioned off.
13. Councilors Forum
14. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, September 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers.
15. Vote to Enter into Executive Session according to M.G.L. 39 §23B to review Executive Session Minutes regarding collective bargaining, litigation, purchase, exchange, taking, lease or value of real property, discipline or dismissal brought against an individual, and, if matter is concluded reconvene vote to release said minutes.