TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
October 15, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, September 24, 2012
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
5. Chairwoman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Presentation: Second Chance Animal Center
b) Mass Highway State Snow Plow Champions – DPW Director, Tom Daley
c) Maddie Daoust, Town Clerk
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to ratify the appointment of Michael P. Sullivan as Sergeant in the Police Department to fill an existing vacancy in the sergeant rank.
10. Vote to acknowledge the Bicentennial Steering Committee as the official committee in charge of this event.
11. Vote to accept the Warrant for the State Election on Tuesday, November 6, 2012
12. Vote to ratify the Memorandum of Understanding and to enter into agreement with Mr. Kurt Jackson, owner of Hampden Communications Corporation, to supply power to radio equipment on his cell tower in accordance with the attached agreement.
13. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and Cargill Deicing Technology through June 30, 2013 for treated sodium chloride road salt at $73.92/ton at a minimum of 1,125 tons and a maximum of 1,875 tons at a total cost of $83,160.00.
14. Vote to ratify the Grant contract between the Town of Southbridge and the Commonwealth of MA Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs in the amount of $286,100.00 for tornado recovery process.
15. Vote to ratify the Grant contract between the Town of Southbridge and the Commonwealth of MA Division of Conservation (DCR) in the amount of $50,000.00 for tree planting.
16. Vote to ratify the contract with Peterson Oil Company effective 10/5/12 through 6/30/13 at a firm price of $3.29 per gallon to furnish and deliver heating oil to various town-owned buildings.
17. Vote to approve proposed amendments to By-law Chapter 6, Section 6-100 “Licenses and Licensing Regulations for the Town of Southbridge” for secondhand junk, precious metals and old metals regulations.
18. Vote to approve the Town Manager’s request to fund the office renovations in Town Hall for carpeting and renovations to the handicap bathroom off of Council Chambers and said appropriation request of up to $15,000.00 to be funded from account 1.190.5700.0.746 Reserve for Property Repair, Maintenance and Demolition.
19. Vote to enter into contract with Pioppi Construction of Southbridge in the amount of $47,415.00 for the CDBG FY11 Roadway Construction Project for the reconstruction of Morton Roadway.
20. Vote to amend Section 2 of the special legislation for the 10 Articles adopted by the Legislature and approved by the Governor and to change the year from 2012 to 2013 in conjunction with the Town’s annual election of June 2013.
21. Vote to resolve the Open Meeting Law complaint submitted by Kenneth O’Brien related to agenda item #20 above regarding the 9/24/12 Town Council meeting.
22. Councilors Forum
23. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers.
24. Vote to Enter into Executive Session according to M.G.L. 39 §23B to review Executive Session Minutes regarding collective bargaining, litigation, purchase, exchange, taking, lease or value of real property, discipline or dismissal brought against an individual, and, if matter is concluded reconvene vote to release said minutes.