Mayan End Date Stirs Panic Worldwide
A rash of panic buying of candles and essentials in Russia and China, and a surge in sales of survival shelters in the United States, doomsday panic is in full swing. Meanwhile, in France, believers in the doomsday prophecies are preparing to converge on a mountaintop where they believe aliens will rescue them.
Russian residents have been buying up cereals, tinned meat and boxes of matches in anticipation of the pending apocalypse In a widely reported – and derided – prediction, it has been claimed across the globe that the world will end on December 21 when the Mayan “long count” calendar comes to an end. The head of a chain of hardware stores in Chita, Siberia, told reporters that demand had trebled the prices of candles.more at telegraph
- China fears end of the world is nigh
- The world may not end soon predicts newly found Mayan calendar
- Doomsday French mountain to be closed ‘on day the world ends’
- The end of the world not happening – for now says expert
- Panic spreads ahead of Mayan prophecy