TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
January 14, 2013 – 7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, December 17, 2012
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
5. Chairwoman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. – Jill Dagilis, Executive Director
b) Economic Development Department Presentation – Cassandra Acly, Director
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to amend a line-item included in agenda item #16 of November 5, 2012 Town Council Meeting for rescinding of authorized, unissued balances:
Amount Purpose Date of Passage
Original vote: $155,192.80 Water Treatment Plant 06/29/2004
As Amended: $55,192.80 Water Treatment Plant 06/29/2004
Roll Call vote required – 2/3 vote needed
10. Vote to approve the CDBG Façade Program in support of 3 projects: (a) Signs and Awnings at 9 Central Street (Freedom Tax Service); (b) Replacement Awnings, Central Street side at 100 Central Street (Nick Sotar ); (c) Signs and Awnings, rear entrance (Foster Street side) at 100 Central Street (Southbridge Bicycle Shop).
11. Vote to authorize the Town Manager and the Town Attorney to sell the 5 properties listed in accordance with their respective RFPs and to complete any other closing documents necessary.
- 62 Pleasant Street
- 114 Pleasant Street
- 80 Marcy Street
- 115 Marcy Street
- 70 Foster Street
12. Vote to approve the interim Recycling Plan through 6/30/12 and to seek a contract with a firm to continue data collection and expand services to include enforcement, building off the recently expired contract, in an amount not to exceed $25,000.00 and to authorize the Town Manager to enter into contract for same. The remaining $11,000.00 is to be used for education and the balance of $7,000.00 for the study of the new cart program.
13. Vote to ratify Amendment No.2 from Joslin Lesser & Associates, Inc. to revise the total fee for basic services from the current value of $1,852,350.00 to the new value of $1,483,350.00, in accordance with the 12/11/12 correspondence.
14. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and JSL Asphalt, Inc. of Charlton for the hot mix asphalt road materials in an amount not to exceed $24,900.00 through June 30, 2013.
15. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and Perma-Line Corporation of New England to furnish the town with signs, posts, rain gear, traffic barrels and paint in an amount not to exceed $22,000.00 through June 30, 2013.
16. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and Morais Concrete Service of Springfield, MA in the amount of $350,000.00 for the reconstruction of Torrey Road; said funding from Chapter 90 funds.
17. Vote to ratify the Snow & Ice Operations Agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Mark DiTommaso, Eagle Services of Charlton for the Skid Steer Loader at the rate of $85.00 per hour.
18. Vote to ratify the Snow & Ice Operations Agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Rene Paquin of Southbridge for snow plow equipment at the rate of $73.00 per hour.
19. Councilors Forum
20. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers.