Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Best Thing From Holland Since Tulips

Ken O’Brien

9-year-old Amira Willighagen from Nijmegen is completely self-taught, and used only YouTube tutorials to learn how to sing. So, when she stepped onto the "Holland's Got Talent" stage, no one was expecting such a big voice to come out of such a very little girl.

Her incredible rendition of Puccini's "O Mio Babbino Caro" from the opera "Gianni Schicchi" earned her a Golden Ticket from the judges that would take her straight to the live show.

She told the judges, "My brother Vincent plays violin, and I also wanted to do something... So I thought, I'm going to sing… and then I heard opera songs, which I found very beautiful and that's when I started singing,".

Watch the video below; it moved me to tears.


Extended version with interview of this little angel (in Dutch).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation. All commenters must use their own name or a screen name. No comments labelled as "Anonymous" will be published. To use your name or a screen name select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu. Insert you name in the "Name" space and leave the "URL" space blank.