TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, TOWN HALL
February 24, 2014 –7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, February 10, 2014.
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
(f) Town Manager Search Committee
5. Chairman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
a) South County Leadership Team – Cassandra Acly, Director Economic Development
b) Bicentennial Committee Presentation – Steve Brady
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to approve the hiring of Civilian Dispatchers for the Police Department and ratify the pay scale, benefits and job description for this position.
10. Vote to ratify the agreement between the Town of Southbridge and Municipal Resources, Inc. (MRI) in the amount of $14,800.00 to perform services to assist the Town in recruiting a Town Manager.
11. Vote to continue with the operation of the Southbridge Municipal Airport as an airport.
12. Vote to approve the proposed Sign By-law changes as prepared by the General Government Subcommittee Meeting on January 16, 2014. Second Reading
13. Vote to approve the proposed By-Law changes as prepared by the By-Law Review Committee and approved at General Government Subcommittee Meeting on November 25, 2013. Second Reading
14. Councilors Forum
15. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, March 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers
16. Vote to Enter into Executive Session according to Chapter 39, Section 23B to consider the purchase, exchange, taking, lease or value of real property and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining and to adjourn.