March 10, 2014 –7:00 PM
1. 1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, February 24, 2014.
4. Subcommittee Reports:
a. General Government
c. Education and Human Services
d. Planning and Development
e. Protection of Persons and Property
f. Town Manager Search Committee
5. Chairman’s Announcements
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
7. Swearing In / Presentation
i. Presentation to Rudy DiGregorio - by David Langevin, Council Chair
ii. Final Report on Sparking Private Investment in Downtown Southbridge – by Ted Carman, Concord Square Planning & Development
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to appoint David Livengood to the Conservation Committee for a 2-year term effective immediately through June 30, 2015 to fill the position left vacant due to member resignation.
10. Vote to ratify the Memorandum of Agreement for 2014 between the Town of Southbridge and Tri-Valley, Inc. for the Meals on Wheels Program for 12 months at a monthly rent of $100.00 in compliance with Southbridge Community Center policies.
11. Vote to ratify the contract between the Town of Southbridge and Valley Communications to install and upgrade existing equipment to new equipment in the Cable Public Studio in Town Hall in the amount of $69,300.80.
12. Vote to accept the Planning Board’s recommendation not to expand the General business Zone at the intersection of Main Street and Old Sturbridge Road.
13. Vote to recommend that the proposed zoning map change on Worcester Street be sent back to the Planning Board to receive public comment.
14. Vote to ratify the agreement between the Town of Southbridge and HAI Architecture, Inc. for agricultural services for the Town’s Community Development Block Grant downtown façade improvement program.
15. Vote to ratify the Notice to Proceed submitted by Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. for Airport Reconstruction – Phase II according to Professional Services Agreement dated June 11, 2013.
16. Vote to appropriate $163,243.73 from the Receipts Reserved Account #6902 – Insurance in Excess of $20,000 to the Airport Tornado Damage Account #9085.
17. Vote to approve the proposed Visitors – Code of Conduct as a supplement to the Town’s Personnel Rules and Regulations.
18. Vote to approve the proposed Graffiti By-law as prepared by the General Government Subcommittee on March 3, 2014. First Reading
19. Vote to approve the proposed Sign By-law changes as prepared by the General Government Subcommittee Meeting on January 16, 2014 Second Reading
20. Vote to approve the proposed By-Law changes as prepared by the By-Law Review Committee and approved at General Government Subcommittee Meeting on November 25, 2013 Third and Final Reading
21. Councilors Forum
22. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, March 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers
23. Vote to Enter into Executive Session according to Chapter 39, Section 23B to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation and to adjourn.