March 24, 2014 –7:00 PM
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consider and accept Town Council Meeting Minutes of Monday, March 10, 2014.
4. Subcommittee Reports:
(a) General Government
(c) Education and Human Services
(d) Planning and Development
(e) Protection of Persons and Property
(f) Town Manager Search Committee
5. Chairman’s Announcements
a) Moment of Silence
6. Town Manager’s Announcements
-FY2015 Budget Message Presentation
7. Swearing In / Presentation
Everbridge Emergency Notification System– by Fire Chief Mark DiFronzo and
Deputy Emergency Management Director, Roland laRochelle
8. Citizens Forum
9. Vote to approve the employment of Esteban Carrasco, Jr. as Coach for the Southbridge Public System spring 2014 season under MGL, c268A §20(b)
10. Vote to approve the MIIA Health Benefits Trust proposal for Health Insurance at a rate increase of 7.8% and Dental Insurance at a rate of 1.6% for the period of 5/1/14-4/30/15.
11. Vote to transfer $10,000.00 from Town Council Reserve Account #1.132.5781 to Veterans Benefits Account #1.945.5771.0.596 to pay benefits for the month of April.
12. Vote to transfer $33,096.42 from FY2013 Repair Costs for lightning damage #600.440.5830.0.13585 to Sewer Maintenance Operating Budget #600.440.5201.0.0571l. (The repairs from the lightning damage are complete and the money is needed in the maintenance line item to cover FY2014 expenses.)
13. Vote to approve the contract between the Town of Southbridge and Fall River Electrical for the total amount of $136,720.00 plus $5,000.00 contingency for the Wastewater Treatment Plan Electrical Upgrades to be paid out of Capital Treatment plant account 600.5830.14582.
14. Vote to approve the purchase of a 2014 Ford Escape SE AWD for $26,670.00 to replace Water Department vehicle #862003, Ford Ranger to be paid with insurance funds of $2,054.74 and the remaining from Capital Reserve Account #9125.
15. Vote to approve the proposed Graffiti By-law as prepared by the General Government Subcommittee on March 3, 2014.
16. Vote to approve the proposed Sign By-law changes as prepared by the General Government Subcommittee Meeting on January 16, 2014
Third & Final Reading
17. Councilors Forum
18. Discussion of next meeting date – Monday, April 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers
19. Vote to enter into Executive Session according to MGL, Chapter 39, Section 23B to discuss collective bargaining or litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, taking a lease or value of real property and to adjourn.