Back in June the Worcester Telegram reported that the Southbridge School District had been paying the wages of two workers in the cafeteria at Trinity Catholic Academy, a local parochial school, for decades [Worcester Telegram “Southbridge to scrap Catholic school lunch spending deal”, June 20, 2014].
Speaking after what would be his last School Committee Meeting, then Superintendent Basan Nembirkow stated, “"We went to them and said we can't be providing services for you anymore, and we need to stop this, and then we will help you because we're not going to just cut the kids off," Mr. Nembirkow said. "We'll have to do it on a service contract basis. That's what we're working on right now."
Over the last two months, meeting with concerned parents of Trinity students, Superintendent Patricia Gardner assured them that a service contract would be negotiated.
Apparently that good will has come to an abrupt end.
On Tuesday of this week, Aaron Osborne, Supervisor of Instruction/Acting Director of Finance, informed Trinity that the district would not be offering any kind of contract to them.
Nice to let them know this a week before school starts.
More to come.