Tonight at 6:30 the General Government subcommittee will meet in the Rice Conference Room in the Town Hall. On the agenda is the following item:
Discuss First Amendment to the Extension Agreement for the Operation of the Barefoot Road Sanitary Landfill, and Refuse and Recyclables Collection and entertain a motion to submit to the Council for ratification.
What does this amendment contain?
The key words are:
A “Highlights” document accompanying the text of the amendment reads as follows:
Highlights of Proposed Amendment to the Landfill Agreement with Southbridge Recycling and Disposal Park, Inc.
- What the Town Receives
1. Revenue from landfilling of “triangle” – est. at approx. $2mil. through estimated filled to capacity date of 2022.
2. Annual Debt Service Payments for the construction of a sewer collector to connect the airport to the existing sewer collector on Commercial Drive, plus a sewer pump station and a leachate pre-treatment plant – $3.6mil.
3. Revenue from effluent collection fees for Casella sewage after pre-treatment at leachate plant – est. at $_______ per year for an indefinate [sic] number of years.
4. Revenue from excess capacity of leachate pre-treatment plant to neighboring towns or commercial users plus sewer fees – current est. is unknown but the value of this may be in the multi-hundreds of thousands.ue of signing fee at $55,000.
5. Value of opening development of multiple acres of industrial land as well as industrially zoned land at airport – value is unknown but would doubtlessly be in the hundreds of thoursands. [sic]
6. Value of pre-treatment plant operations – est. at $____________ annually for life of Agreement (less agreed fees from other municipal or commercial users).
- What Southbridge Recycling and Disposal Park Inc. Receives
1. Revenue from landfilling the triangle land.
2. Dependable ability to dispose of landfill leachate for a reasonable predictable price.
3. Ability to “claw-back” sewer bond fees from royalty payments otherwise owed if permits are not secured for landfilling of triangle, but NOT including payments for the leachate pre-treatment plant costs.
It is expected that the amendment will be taken up by the Council at its Committee of the Whole Meeting scheduled for June 22nd.