Breaking News: More on Investigation of Town Council Chair’s Trash Ticket “Fix”
James Sottile
I was interviewed by a Southbridge Detective today who also requested all of the raw video of the 5/15/12 EHS subcommittee meeting, which I had in my possession. I gladly surrendered all the evidence in my possession. It is my understanding that the “trash ticket fix affair” will be investigated further by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In my opinion I believe our police department performed their duties in a professional fashion despite the unlawful interference by several politicians including the town manager. The draconian application and enforcement ($250.00 without warning) of a town by-law was a mistake by overzealous and arrogant politicians. It is ironic that an individual can get a lesser fine for possession of a small amount of marijuana. How about the fact that it takes a second (not a first) offense of the town’s sex offender by-law to get a $300 fine? Anyone who pulls a lever (so-to-speak) for the present incumbents is putting the future of our town at risk We need intelligent and mature replacements. That should start with this election cycle!
Jim, thank you for having the courage to do what Pelequin would never do: take a stand without waffling. Awesome job!
ReplyDelete