Friday, January 13, 2012

Breaking News: Supreme Court Withdraws Decision in Southbridge Landfill Case

Ken O'Brien

I have just received the following email from Kirstie Pecci:

"I found out after the court was closed for the day that on 1/12/12 the SJC withdrew the decision they issued on 1/10/12.  I assume that this was to correct an administrative error -- remember these are the same folks who lost half of the volumes we submitted -- but I don't know why they withdrew it.  I will let you know as soon as I do."

The official notice of the withdrawal can be found at:
http://www.ma-appellatecourts.org/search_number.php?dno=sjc-10852&get=Search

At this time no further information is available.

UPDATE: (9:10 pm, 1/13/2012) Knowledgeable sources, whose names I am not at liberty to disclose, have speculated that another reason that the SJC may have withdrawn the decision is because the court may have erred in dismissing the merits of the case. The dismissal would still stand on the other grounds cited, but the court may conceivably reverse itself as regards the merits of the case.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the SJC is just as screwed up as our Town Council.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aka Jester

    Très Bon - BOARD OF HEALTH OF STURBRIDGE & Others. Perhaps the Wisdom of the Massachusetts Supreme Court will echo the words of a New Hamsphire’s Supreme Court Justice:

    "No one town should be burdened by the uncontrolled growth of a landfill."

    -New Hampshire Supreme Court Judge Jean Burling, April 28, 2003

    ReplyDelete

All comments subject to moderation. All commenters must use their own name or a screen name. No comments labelled as "Anonymous" will be published. To use your name or a screen name select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu. Insert you name in the "Name" space and leave the "URL" space blank.