Thursday, November 8, 2012

Southbridge: Last Democratic Bastion In Southern Worcester County



From President to State Representative, Southbridge stood virtually alone in its support of Democratic candidates in election 2012 in southern Worcester County.

While President Obama did carry a few towns within this geographic Gulag, Southbridge stood alone, a blue oasis in a desert of red, in its support for Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren and Democratic candidate for State Representative Kathleen Walker. 

This is interesting, especially in light of the fact that I have received photographs from a colleague that illustrate subterfuge even by those who are purported Democratic stalwarts.

Specifically, I refer to the fact that at least two members of the Southbridge Democratic Town Committee, who have held elective public office, sported signs on their property supporting Republican candidates. One displayed signs supporting Romney and Brown, while another prominently held sway with a Durant sign.

I find this particularly troubling, because I resigned from the Democratic Town Committee over its refusal to allow members to support candidates not enrolled as Democrats in non-partisan town elections.

The Republican town committee allows such activities. However, the Southbridge Democratic Town Committee’s bylaws specifically prohibit members from actively supporting any non-Democratic candidates in any election.

It will be interesting to see how the town committee addresses this matter. After all, I have the photos to support my claims.













(Source: The Boston Globe)

2 comments:

  1. thats because southbridge is loaded with scum ,sucking the system dri you know the 47 percent Thats the truth of the matter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And people claim I don't show enough respect for those who disagree with me!

      Delete

All comments subject to moderation. All commenters must use their own name or a screen name. No comments labelled as "Anonymous" will be published. To use your name or a screen name select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu. Insert you name in the "Name" space and leave the "URL" space blank.