The article was derived
from another site. It addressed itself to a variety of national forums. But the
idiocy espoused by them is nonetheless present locally.
As an addendum, The O’Zone
posted a video from the “Morning Joe” program featuring David Frum.
Frum, an avowed
conservative, with a long and illustrious record as such, made a point that The O’Zone
has advocated for almost as long as this blog has existed.
Despite all the insults and vilifications that have been leveled at the O’Zone, we have had to retract only one minor story, a speculation actually.
That related to who had the inside track to become
principal of the new Middle/High School.
Having dispensed with that, let’s turn to the
insanity of the right wing as it pervades the local blogs.
First and foremost we have the poison provided by
Sturbridge selectman Thomas Creamer. We have previously decried the ideological
pus perpetuated by this site.
The most recent is his latest post “The Americans among us”.
The post states:
Americans
don’t embrace massive bureaucracies, red tape and unaccountability. Americans
don’t bypass job interviews in favor food stamp applications. They don’t stand
in line for “free” Obama phones, nor do they blink not the first eye as they
pass trillions of dollars of debt to their children and grandchildren.
Americans don’t seek to divide, nor do they scream “racists” because they have
no other argument to offer. Americans don’t toss out grand intentions without
thought to the consequence. And they certainly don’t look to the government as
their savior. Quite the contrary.
Americans
believe in the individual greatness. They believe in hard work, ingenuity and
their own ability to achieve greatness – even if it means they fail a thousand
times before reaching their goal. They find the answers instead of fumbling for
excuses. Americans believe in the goodness of people and they are their
brother’s keeper. They believe in the rule of law, not men.
Americans
roll with the punches. They never give up – they never say never. Americans
rise to the challenges before them, even when they wonder if there’s any fight
left in them. At the end of the day, Americans know what they believe in – and
why they believe.
So
as the dust settles on the 2012 election, we’ll answer the call to once again
throw on the saddle, hop back on the horse and cowboy up. It’s a challenge
we’ll accept – and yes, I’m talking to Americans, here. No doubt you know
exactly who you are.
Oh, by the way, this post comes from Canada
Free Press. Well that’s North America, but, do they vote for President
of the United States?
Next we have the Sturbridge Tea Part site. Remember
that this was the guy who, when he was informed that The O’Zone had provided a
link to his site promised
to reciprocate. We finally dropped the link.
He says, “I'm Resigning from the Republican party.
After having plenty of time over the past 24 hours to think about this, I have
decided that I am officially changing my party status back to ‘unenrolled’. I
no longer consider myself part of the Republican party.
Like so many I thought this might be the time for
the republicans to finally make a difference, but once again we were shown how
the republican party, both the national and the state don't care about what the
people want.”
In an earlier post titled, “Tea
party Thoughts Part 2”, a loyal follower wrote:
I
read your letter this morning through my tears which still have not dried from
last night, and I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head, except for
mentioning one thing; The changing demographics of America.
Most
Americans of a "certain age" who grew up in the "Land of the
free, home of the brave" which
became the greatest country on the face of the earth, ever, share your views
and mine. However, in addition to the
current "entitlement" mentality which has evolved while we weren't
looking, a large percentage of our population (soon to outnumber us) did not
share that uniquely American experience and those values, and those people
contributed heavily towards last night's election results. I don't know what, if anything we could have
done, or could do in the future that will change that.
I
do know that the Progressive Movement which has been sweeping our country in
recent years, co-opting the Democratic party and also many Republicans, started a hundred years ago with their
HUNDRED YEAR PLAN which accelerated about thirty or so years ago, and has now
come to fruition. This did not happen
overnight. It was a carefully crafted and executed long term plan and it
happened while people like you and I were asleep at the wheel, busy with their
lives, not paying attention to politics, believing in and trusting our
government, confident that the people we elected to represent us could be
trusted to do the right thing. We were
wrong- they did not.
So
where do we go from here? Like you, I am
trying to figure it out. While I have
only attended Tea Party meetings intermittently, I have worked for the past
three years on several freedom related issues such as the Massachusetts 2010
Pandemic bill HR 2028 which if passed as written would have forced all
Massachusetts residents to take flu vaccinations, no exceptions medical or
otherwise, under penalty of indefinite incarceration for refusal to take the
shot, Ron Paul's "audit the fed bill, and several food freedom issues,
many of which allowed undue government intrusion into our lives. I have emailed, written, called and talked
myself hoarse to senators, congressmen, friends, strangers and anyone who would
listen and I've lost count of the sleepless nights. I've had some successes and some failures,
but I guess what bothers me the most, is that so many people just don't care.
I'm
tired and discouraged right now. As you
said in your email, "Change comes from the bottom and works up. I still
think that, but evidently not enough others do." and that is what saddens
me the most. I do not know how to deal
with this. Some of us care so much, and so many do not care at all and I do not
know what to do with that. I keep
remembering a line from a movie I saw many years ago, Called AMERIKA, (yes,
spelled with a K, ) starring Chris Kristofferson. It was, if memory serves me
correctly, about a communistic style take over of America. Kristofferson's character said at the end,
regarding freedom " As long as
freedom lives in the mind of even one American, it will not die." I hope he was right.
Thanks
for letting me vent. I figured you will
understand. God bless America.
Sincerely,
Janice
Bouche
The same author has another blog titled, “It’s Clear As Mud”.
In his most recent post, “Four More
Years”, he says about President Obama:
- Basically he
will subvert the Constitution at every turn.
- First
Amendment done.
- President
for life - within two years.
- Socialized
medicine
- New
World Order
- Financial
collapse
- Class warfare
Finally we have, on a
regional basis, a character who calls himself Datechguy.
He is the
personification of what Frum and Scarborough talked about. He apparently makes
a living off his right wing pontifications which include the most recent, “Pointing
out the obvious: we don’t have to sit around and take it”. A good fraction of
his posts ask for donations to keep him going. Perhaps The O’Zone should do the
same.
by Roxeanne De Luca | November 11th, 2012
Stacy McCain has a great post up about the “bizarre
statistical improbabilities” of Obama winning over 99% of the vote in some
districts that also have over 100% turnout.
We can complain about voter fraud and sound like a
bunch of conspiracy theorists and/or sore losers, or we can prove voter fraud
and thwart it in the future.
Let’s talk about thwarting voter fraud.
Indiana has one of those nifty photo-ID laws (which also helps the poor, in
that the state gives free photo IDs to those who cannot afford them). Work to
get one in your state. Remember, we swept state legislatures and
governorships in 2010, and continued to pick up governorships in 2012. We
have friendly legislatures and friendly executive offices.
If you aren’t able to get “show ID to vote” laws
passed, why not try to lobby for the low-tech, tried-and-true purple finger
approach? Sure, it won’t eliminate absentee voter fraud, but people will
have to work a lot harder to commit voter fraud if they can only vote once on
Election Day.
Troops, those are your marching orders. Get it
done in your states.
Now, the tedium of proving voter fraud. What
you need to do is prove that people who voted do not actually exist, do not
live in the district, or are otherwise ineligible to vote (e.g. are not
citizens). Given that over one hundred million people cast ballots in the
last election, we need to narrow down a search and to get a, er, um, army of Davids to work through
the data. Voter registration (name and address) is public information, as is
the number of times a person has voted and in which elections. Now, if I
were trying to steal an election, I wouldn’t bother as much with non-swing
states, nor with getting people to the polls for primaries and municipal
elections. I wouldn’t bother with small suburban areas where everyone
knows everyone else.
So here’s how to do it: we (yes, dear commenters,
want to join in the fun?) get voter lists from counties, pick off people
who are registered Democrats and only voted in the general election, not the
primary election. Then we look at their addresses: does each and every
address actually exist? Is it a residence, or did people register with
the address of the local Kroger? Do you have far too many people all
registered at the same address, given the size of the residence? (With this
thing called the internet, the USPS site, and Mapquest’s satellite function, we
can make short work of this.) Now for the voters themselves: did anyone
dead vote? If you’re feeling particularly ambitious and have the shoe
leather to do so, you can mosey around the district, knock on doors, and ask if
the voter lives there.
At the end of it all, you have a spreadsheet showing
a lot of legitimate, low-turnout voters. But you also have a whole pile
of people who registered at non-existent addresses, at businesses, who died
before the election, or who do not live where they claim they live. (Proving
that non-citizens voted is a nightmare.)
Just a thought. Sounds more productive than sitting
around and complaining.
Update: (DaTechGuy) I second Roxeanne’s post
Conservatives are entitled to believe what they want. But the facts are
that as long as they continue to immerse themselves in bubble of misinformation they will be unable to deal with the challenges of the 21st century.

No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments subject to moderation. All commenters must use their own name or a screen name. No comments labelled as "Anonymous" will be published. To use your name or a screen name select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu. Insert you name in the "Name" space and leave the "URL" space blank.