Back in April The O’Zone published an article titled “Where’s The Beef”.
Since then we have seen precious little in the way of concrete proposals from those who claim to want to run our town.
Lacking anything substantive thus far from most of the candidates, and having gotten word that a town council candidates’ debate is tentatively scheduled for June 9th, I’ve decided to put forward some questions to which I would like answers.
I’d be interested to know what other questions O’Zone readers would like to ask the candidates.
I’m not looking for empty and vague generalities. I want specific, actionable proposals that will go before the council.
I will gladly publish replies from ANY candidate who chooses to respond.
1. What is your position on the Town Council's proposed amendments to the Southbridge Home Rule Charter?
2. Would you seek to reduce the town budget? In what areas? How?
3. What would you do to increase employment opportunities in Southbridge?
4. Would you act to replace the current town manager? Why?
5. How would you make the town website more useful?
6. What is your position on current trash and recycling regulations?
7. What would you do to increase opportunities and activities for the town’s youth?
8. What, if anything, should be done with the “industrial park”?
9. Why are you the most qualified candidate in this race?